Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's another hilariously late movie review

We rented A Serious Man last night.  We're big fans of the Coen brothers' movies but I want my 106 minutes back.

I get it.  It's a movie that's supposed to be about nothing.  It's about how we the audience are looking for meaning in things.

Well, yes.  That's exactly why we watch movies.  We sit down and expect something to happen.  A plot.  A beginning, a middle, an end.  A conflict, a resolution.

Add the fact that the first fifteen or so minutes of the movie was a giant non-sequitur and it's pretty much the most unfulfilling, pointless movie I've seen in years.  I'm sad that this was the follow-up to Burn After Reading. 

I was looking for a palate cleanser after watching Inglorious Basterds the other night but this just didn't do it for me.  We're watching Star Trek tonight (finally!) so at least that's a bright spot in my already crappy day.

No comments: