We were invited to go swimming at the pool at the U of M hospital at Riverside. It's a therapeutic pool that's kept at 90+ degrees. Sadly, this pool will be closing permanently this month. There's a petition circulating to save it but I'm unable to find it online.
I had to go buy swim diapers for Lily. I think this was the first time I've ever purchased disposable diapers. I was nonplussed to see that there was only one brand of swim diapers at the store and they had cartoon characters on them. I will have to see if the Linden Hills Co-Op has any reusable swim diapers.
Lily was a bit tired when we got there. She didn't take her normal morning nap but had a short one around noon. We got to the pool a little after 3:00 so she was due for another one. Poor tired girl. I found that my top half doesn't exactly fit into my swimsuit anymore so I had to wear a wifebeater over it. Stupid boobs.
Lily alternated between being sorta cool with the pool, clinging to me for dear life, and trying to sleep on me. She enjoyed hanging on to a swim ring while I pushed her around and thought that bouncing in the water was a lot of fun.
I was worried that she might be freaked out because she always sputters and gasps in the bathtub when water gets on her face. There were lots of splashing kids in the pool but she did all right. She even splashed a little herself. She was a hit with the old ladies in the locker room.
I had to get the hell out of that locker room as fast as I could because of all the nakedness. I was horrified that there was really nowhere for a modest person to change and almost just threw on my clothes over my wet suit, but the cold weather prevented me from doing that. I changed as fast as I could in a corner while a naked old lady entertained Lily. She was super nice but I just couldn't bring myself to look her in the face.
We're probably going back next Sunday. I hope there are less naked people next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment