Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mama Thursday: Week 47 - Time Moves Slowly

Still no sign of a walking baby.  She has been super worn out when she comes home so that may have something to do with it.  I think the other kids are running her ragged.  I think we're in the middle of another growth spurt because this child can eat.  She ate a full cup of chickpeas last night plus two cubes of veggies plus pudding.  Plus milk at bedtime.  She started wiping her mouth on her sleeve last night.  Adorable, but messy.

She gets sweeter every day.  She has been a little clingy lately but I'm not complaining.  She's been very talkative too.  I have to get her jabbering on video soon.

She has started to cry when I drop her off at daycare.  It's killing me.  I do what I'm supposed to do: a quick hug and turn around and leave.  But it's just breaking my heart.  The daycare lady says that the crying lasts all of ten seconds after I leave but still….  I don't imagine this ever gets any easier.

We need to start planning her first birthday party.  Our house is tiny and we need neutral ground so we'll probably end up renting one of the nearby community centers with a kitchen.  It's surprisingly affordable -- $20 deposit and $5 per hour.  That's as far as I've gotten in planning.  I have no idea who to invite.

No comments: