Lily is standing on her own a whole bunch lately. Yesterday I saw her slowly and carefully get herself to a standing position without pulling herself up on anything. She wobbled there for a few seconds and went right back down on her butt like usual. I'm so glad she's got her Mama's butt padding right now. She was having some naked time yesterday after a bath and went down hard on her bare butt onto the hardwood floors. I thought for sure she would start wailing because of the lack of a padded diaper landing but she didn't seem to notice. Kind of like when she bonks her head on the coffee table seventeen times a day and doesn't seem to notice that either. I'm impressed and concerned about this.
She has been rocking a pretty serious runny nose all week. I probably shouldn't but I find it hilarious when she sneezes and all the sudden she's got two 2.5-foot-long strings of snot hanging out of both nostrils.
I totally did a mom thing the other day and just reached out with my bare hand and pulled the snot strings off of her because there wasn't a tissue nearby. I'm so going to hold this against her someday. "I sacrificed my hand for you!"

No comments:
Post a Comment