Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Thursday, January 27, 2011

lolwut Paleo Diet

I have been looking at the Paleo Diet recently because I've been hearing a lot about it (fad diet blah blah blah) but this is one of the few diets that actually looks like it sort of makes sense. 

So hey, why not, right?

Not wanting to buy the official Paleo Diet book or drag my ass to the library, I popped over to Paleo Plan to check out their sample meal plan and see what sort of food we would be in for.  Wow... that sure is a lot of meat.  And no cheese.

Going from a meatless January to a meatstravaganza in February would be strange enough, but going without cheese for a month is just unacceptable.

But I'm willing to try just about anything for a week.  I did have reservations about the sheer quantity of meat, though.  How much would that cost?  We have a pretty strict $100 weekly budget for groceries.  I went over to Coborns Delivers to start pricing this sample menu out.

I didn't even get past the meat.  That alone was $90.  Ha!  Surely they must be joking.  I bet by the time you got through all the nut butters, milk substitutes, and specialty baking ingredients you'd be looking at around $300 for the week.

I looked around at other sample Paleo Diet meal plans and came up with similar findings.  How could anyone afford to eat like this? 

And, more importantly, how could anyone not eat cheese?

No comments: