I snapped up a Goodbyn on one of those deal sites a few months ago and got a crazy good deal on it. I think it was $7 plus shipping. I sure as hell wasn't going to pay $25-$30 elsewhere for the thing.
I've been trying to find a good lunchbox that can stand up to being tossed around in a bag and taken in public transportation.
This is not the one.
I know this is silly and minor, but I ordered a purple one. This particular shade of purple is closer to the brown/maroon end of the spectrum. Not cute.
I have two big gripes. One is the lid: it's very hard to close. Because it seals around each individual section separately, you have to be damn sure you've got everything sealed up properly. After going through the top rack of the dishwasher it seems like it takes three times the effort to seal now.
The other big gripe is the size and shape of the sections. They're all really deep. And that tiny section in the middle next to the beverage holder? Unless you've got chopsticks for fingers you're not getting anything out of the bottom of that thing. The rest of the sections are huge. Way too huge for lunch portions. The key to good lunchbox/bento packaging is being able to really cram stuff in there so it doesn't shift around and get broken or mixed together. Unless you're packing lunch for an entire class of first graders, that's not happening with the Goodbyn.
Also, the stickers are fugly. Just saying.
So I might use it again, but more than likely it's going to end up on Craigslist. If you want it, let me know in the comments and it's yours for the price of shipping.

No comments:
Post a Comment