Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Quest for the Perfect Dress

It's been nearly three years and I still haven't found the Perfect Dress yet.  Even with the rise of Mad Men and vintage styles being all the rage this dress does not exist in stores.

But look!  Here's a pattern!

I think I'd like to tackle this.  I'm notoriously bad at sewing clothes (the seam ripper is my friend) but I really want to give this a shot, especially since we carved out a little sewing nook in the basement a couple of weekends ago.  I want to find a sturdy black cotton that can make the skirt not so floppy like it is in the picture of the red dress on the site.  Maybe I would also have to line it with satin.  Ooh la la.

Unfortunately the shoes I had previously bought to wear with dresses like this don't fit my post-pregnancy feet anymore.  Anyone interested in a pair of size 7 hot pink kitten heels?

No comments: