Always sexy
[this blog left intentionally ugly]

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mama Thursday: My Little Kimchi

I don't know that I'd cut it as a stay-at-home mom.  I just plain don't know what you do with a toddler all day, every day.  I had Monday off and I was determined to provide some kind of structure to our day, even for just a little while.  We're used to just doing things off the cuff and this usually results in Lily dragging me from toy to toy.

So we made oobleck.  At first she was a little squicked out by the texture but soon she was flinging it around the kitchen floor with abandon.

This is her "concentration tongue."
  

Later I made some more Korean food because I'm really on a roll here.  She wanted to eat nothing but kimchi for dinner.  With a spoon.

 Every now and again she'd find some spicy pocket in the kimchi, scream her head off until we gave her milk, then go right back after it again.  She was really upset when I put the jar back in the fridge.

The daycare lady let us know that she pointed to the alphabet on a toy and said, "A B C" last week.  I tried to get her to do it all weekend long but she clams up around us.

1 comment:

LutherLiz said...

I was home Monday too and that SAHM gig is HARD :)